Justice for Wrongful Death
Mr. Spencer’s experience in wrongful death claims includes cases where the death was due to:
- Gas Explosions
- Stress-Related Heart Attacks
- Motor Vehicle Wrecks
Our wrongful death cases are often multi-jurisdictional as when a worker living in one state travels to another for work and gets killed there. These cases present complex issues for which state laws apply, which state to file suit in, and whether the case should be filed in state court or federal court. Another component of our wrongful death claims involves the interplay between the Workers’ Compensation Statutes and Employers Liability Law, as when a person is killed working for a subcontractor (with or without workers’ compensation insurance) but there are also other employers negligently contributing to the death that may be liable too.
Finally, liability insurance carriers often deny coverage because of policy provisions or endorsements and we investigate and pursue these claims as well.
Specialized Cases Involve:
- Wrongful Death: We work with the personal representative in litigation matters and the attorney for the estate. Our expertise crosses many boundaries, including wrongful death cases that are multi-jurisdictional; complex cases that require a committed and experienced attorney.
- Personal Injury: We work directly with the injured party and the doctors involved with the case. We understand how personal injury affects an individual as a whole; it is more than just a physical, emotional, and financial pain, it affects your lifestyle and support systems. We know how to obtain compensation and get results.
- Workers’ Compensation Statutes: We guide our clients through the complicated claims process, protect your rights during all phases of litigation and handle all communications between you and the insurer. Our mission is to get your bills paid and facilitate delivery of Workers’ Compensation Benefits. We aggressively negotiate top dollar settlements or take the case to hearing.
- Employer Liability Law: If you or a loved one is injured at work there may be Workers’ Compensation Benefits initially, but what if the injuries were caused by another employer or subcontractor in the job site, or by a reckless driver? We help get additional recovery from the other employer or bad driver, maximizing the recovery to you and your family and helping your employer get paid back for some of the work comp benefits paid because of the injury.